My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
If your job and hobby require using computers, you might be at risk of experiencing wrist and elbow pain. Such conditions are common for office workers, especially if they are working for long hours every day. Typing, encoding, designing, and gaming can cause discomfort and pain to the hands, arms, shoulders, and other parts of the body. All these can be because of improper use of tools such as a mouse. Along with other ergonomic equipment and accessories, a vertical mouse can play a significant role in providing comfort and efficiency to its users.
Everyone who is using a mouse at home or their work can benefit from using this type of ergonomic accessory. It is perfect for gamers, employees, home-based workers, and more. A vertical mouse serves as an excellent tool for computer solutions in the workplace. It helps reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other related conditions. If you’re a business owner, a typical gamer, a student, a graphic designer, or anyone who would like to work with a top-notch type of mouse, then an ergonomic vertical mouse will be perfect for you.
When you’re using a regular mouse, the tendency is to twist your wrist, thus causing strain and pain to your wrists and arms. On the other hand, a vertical mouse is made and designed ergonomically to help workers who are using a mouse in their jobs. Using a vertical mouse can help you avoid the twisting in your wrist; thus, it helps you avoid the compression of the median nerve. Such conditions may cause pain, numbness, and tingling in the hands and wrists.
What sets a vertical mouse from the typical mouse that we know is that it keeps our hands in a natural position. It helps prevent putting pressure on your joints and wrists. And as previously mentioned, it reduces the possibility of developing conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, fatigue, joint pains, and repetitive strain injury(RSI). Some users of a vertical mouse said that it aids them to work and play efficiently, leading to a more productive and enjoyable work and game experience.
When you use a mouse too often (and for long hours), you can be putting yourself at risk of developing conditions that can hinder you from working more effectively. This is due to the overworking of the small muscles and tiredness because of the movements of the hands, fingers, and thumb while scrolling and clicking. Some of the common effects of using a typical non-ergonomic mouse include the following.
- Pain felt on some parts of the hand
- Causing of tingling and numbness of your thumb to the index finger
- Experiencing aches and soreness around the wrists
- Pain and soreness on the forearm and elbows
- Experiencing a burning feeling and stiffness on the hands, arms, and fingers
- Having cysts and nodules on the tendons and arms
So, why should you go for an ergonomic vertical mouse?
We all want to feel comfortable with our work. Nobody wants to endure excruciating pain when aiming to be productive with their jobs. Using an ergonomic vertical mouse can be a big help for that.
A vertical mouse is ideal to use because it promotes the following benefits:
- Keeping the arms in its natural position. When the arm is oriented to move and kept in its natural position, then pressure and stress on the muscles can be avoided. A vertical mouse, due to its design and features, supports the arms in its neutral position.
- Reducing the usage of muscles when typing, playing, etc. A vertical mouse reduces pronation, which lessens the strain in your arms and wrists. Using an ergonomic mouse, particularly a vertical mouse, is applied from the larger muscles of the arms instead of the smaller muscles in the wrists, which are responsible for controlling movements of the thumb and pinky finger.
- Eliminating computer-related stress. When utilizing a vertical mouse, the arm and wrist are in a neutral position, therefore providing making it more comfortable at work. That is why ergonomic experts advise to always aim to have the forearm and wrist in their natural positions and lessen the muscle use.
- Lowering the risk of developing strain and injury. Because a vertical mouse promotes the proper orientation or position of the arm, injuries and strains will be lessened. Musculoskeletal disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, tendon strains, and muscle strains can be avoided with the help of using this type of mouse.
It is essential to learn how to use a vertical mouse properly. There are important reminders that you should keep in mind, such as ensuring that all your fingers are relaxed while using the mouse and avoid rotating your wrist counterclockwise to avoid the development of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Today’s technology allows us to create new tools and equipment that will help us make our living easier and more comfortable. It’s great that the ergonomic mouse has been developed and designed with amazing features. Nowadays, you can also choose from a wired or wireless ergonomic mouse, depending on your needs or preferences.
Experts reveal that a vertical mouse helps in eliminating strain on your arms and wrists. With its wireless technology, you can keep your desk space more organized, since you’ll have no cords or cables to handle. Anthrodesk’s wireless vertical mouse has a long-lasting rechargeable battery; you do not need to switch out those AA batteries.
Other features include:
- SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN: Studies show that a vertical mouse causes less strain on your wrist and arm
- NATURAL: Your arm was not meant to be twisted in a horizontal position (try putting your hands by your sides and raise them slowly - that is the natural position for your hands!)
- WIRELESS: No more cords or cables, keep your desk space clean and organized
- RECHARGEABLE: No more switching out those AA batteries, long-lasting rechargeable battery included
If you spend a lot of time working on the computer, then Anthrodesk’s wired ergonomic vertical mouse can help avoid injuries related to the continuous use of a mouse as it allows your arm to stay in a more natural position. The utilization of a tempered ABS material makes the mouse more durable as compared to plastics used on traditional mice.
Working on your computer-related jobs doesn’t need you to experience strain, pain, numbness, and musculoskeletal disorders. An ergonomic vertical mouse can be a perfect tool to give you a comfortable experience while working. When buying this type of mouse, make sure to check the features and, of course, follow the tips on how to use it properly.