My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Ergonomics at work has been a trending topic in the past years. This is because of the people's awareness of the dangers a sedentary lifestyle can bring. We become more conscious of how to live healthier and more comfortable. We also learn how to use tools and equipment to support us to promote convenience at home and at work.
The introduction of standing desks and sit-stand desks have played a vital role in today's healthier workplaces. This 2020, it is expected to have more innovative tools, furniture, and equipment to be available in the market. Knowledge of how to prevent a sedentary lifestyle will also increase.
Various studies and claims from the experts have proven that a sedentary lifestyle can pose risks and adverse effects on people. The good thing is that it can be prevented or lessened. According to Medical News Today, living a sedentary lifestyle is becoming a significant public issue. On its published article, some of the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle include:
- It contributes to health issues such as cancer, heart problems, cardiovascular diseases, and obesity
- It has a negative impact on people's mental health
- It increases the risk of having anxiety, stress, and depression
- It worsens conditions related to improper posture
- It reduces levels of productivity and efficiency at work
Another article posted by MedLine Plus stated that there are various ways on how an inactive lifestyle can affect the body. The website also shared some tips on how to be more active at work such as
- Standing while having a conversation on the phone
- Using the stairs instead of elevators
- Standing from your seat and walking around the office
- Taking breaks to keep moving
- Using standing desks and other ergonomic tools
- Choosing to stand during meetings
- Getting more involved with physical activities
Relieving discomfort is said to be the primary purpose of using a standing desk, according to some experts. These types of desks contribute to an improved workplace and lowering low back experiences. A sit-stand desk is intended to prevent constant standing. Just like sitting for long hours, prolonged standing is not beneficial for you. According to some studies, too much sitting can also cause harmful effects on the brain. It is linked to having Alzheimer's disease as well.
The following are some of the known benefits of using a sit-stand desk:
- Contributes to lower back pain relief
- Helps avoid weight gain problems
- Aids in improving mood and energy levels
- Enhances brain power
- Promotes better health and fitness
- Provides improved comfort and productivity at work
- Avoids diseases related to metabolic syndrome
Here are some remarkable tips every sit-stand desk user must remember to apply:
#1 Try to alternate between sitting and standing every thirty minutes
#2 Always be in proper posture. Stand straight and sit properly to avoid health issues related to not promoting good posture.
#3 Avoid having your lunch on your desk. Most office workers chose to eat lunch while working. This should be avoided because this can cause strain on eyes and digestive problems. Try to stand after eating to burn calories.
#4 Use an anti-fatigue mat. Anti-fatigue mats can help in decreasing fatigue due to prolonged standing or sitting. There are mats designed with contours, thus help you to move more.
#5 Use ergonomic tools and accessories such as a keyboard tray and an ergonomic mouse. There are also ergonomic chairs that are designed for comfort and efficiency.
#6 Consult an ergonomic coach and expert to know more about how to set up a workplace and use the right equipment.
#7 Make sure to have consistency when it comes to using a sit-stand desk.
When there are lesser stress and discomfort at work, a higher level of efficiency and productivity is ensured. Choose top-notch sit stand desks to make sure that you will gain its benefits to your health and work.